This contest is over. Thank you for participating.
Qatar-Japan 2012 Manga Drawing Contest
Capture a fragment of the Qatari culture in your very own manga!
1st place gets a free Japanese language course from Qatar Eastern Language Center.
Top 3 entries will be printed in a booklet and distributed in Tokyo, Japan during 'Ferjaan: Qatar in Tokyo' Qatari week in September.
Competition is open for all nationalities, with a special jury prize for one non-Qatari winner to have the entry included in the abovementioned booklet.
Date: April 1st - June 21st
Submissions will be accepted between April 1st and June 21st. Any entry submitted after June 21st, 2012 will not be accepted.
You can submit 1 entry only. Only individual entries are accepted.
- Page Size: Any size adjustable/resizeable directly to:
- A5 size: 12.8 X 18.2 cm OR 484 X 688 pixels.
- B5 size: 14.8 X 21 cm OR 556 X 794 pixels.
- Entry size: 12MB max.
- Format: PNG/JPEG.
- Color: Black & White with Colored Cover.
- Length: 4 to 10 pages.
- Language: Arabic for Qatari entries, English for non-Qatari entries.
- Title: All entries must have a title.
- Creativity: You can draw in any manga style.
Subject: Draw a short manga depicting a part of the Qatari culture and traditions in a way that'd interest the Japanese audience. The manga needs to include a message showing the Qatari culture, however the message does not need to be direct. It can be creative in any way possible.
Send the below information and entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Date of birth
- Mobile number and E-mail
- ID copy
- Brief message about your manga
Qatar Eastern Language Center